Friday, March 15, 2013

Pumpkin Mac 'n Cheese: Piler Approved

A few weeks ago I made a recipe of "baby" Pumpkin Mac 'n Cheese that I saw on Pintrest.  The Piler liked it.  I on the otherhand couldn't stand the stuff!  Just puttng it to my lips to check the temperature made me gag!

So here's my Mommy-approved version.  I'm not eating it for lunch, but I'm not bring my barf bag either!

8 oz. Uncooked Macaroni (I use whole grain)
2 Tablespoons Butter
2 Tablespoons Flour
1 1/2 Cups Milk
3/4 Cups Pumpkin
1 1/2 Cups Cheddar Cheese (My boy likes it Sharp)
1/4 teaspoon sage
Pinch Nutmeg

Cook that Macaroni.

In another pot melt the butter in medium to low heat.  Whisk the flour in until smooth plus 30 seconds.  Add milk and continue to stir about five minutes until the milk is nice and frothy.  Or more... or less - depending on how dry you like you mac 'n cheese.

Remove from heat.  Stir in remaining ingredients until the cheese is melted. 

Combine macaroni with cheese sauce. 

Serve to little ones' delight!

I freeze helpings in Piler sized helpings and then just grab some out whenever I need them!

No comments:

Post a Comment